Tax Payment Options
For information on making real property pre-payments click here [PDF]
Pay Your Taxes by E-check
Durham County Tax Administration has partnered with Voice Data Solutions and NexGen Digital Document Solutions to provide this service for the citizens of Durham County.
Please note that the payment transaction history displayed through this website shows the payments that have been made within the last 24 hours.
To pay by E-check online:
Locate your tax bill here
Or, If you have a copy of your bill and wish to pay please click below:
Pay Your Bill Now
Follow the prompts to pay your bill. You will not be charged a convenience fee when making an e-check payment.
Credit Card Payment Options
Citizens can pay their property taxes with a credit or debit card via the Internet or by telephone. Credit card payments will require a payment in full; there are no partial payments accepted using the credit card method. You will be charged a convenience fee for this service. It is paid directly to Voice Data Solutions for use of their automated service. This fee is not part of your tax, and Durham County does not receive the convenience fee. The convenience fee will be displayed on your screen prior to submitting payment and if using the phone system this fee will be provided prior to submitting for payment.
The fee is currently a minimum of $2.00 or 2.65% of the amount paid, whichever is greater, on all credit and debit card transactions. For payments made using a Visa Consumer Debit Card, the convenience fee charged will be a flat fee of $3.95.
Pay Your Taxes via Internet with credit/debit card:
To pay your bill Online by credit card:
Or if you have a copy of your bill and wish to pay click below:
If at anytime you are accessing the telephone or online payment systems and decide you do not wish to pay the convenience fee, you may exit the phone system or you must empty your payment cart.
Pay Your Taxes by Telephone with credit/debit card:
Call toll-free 1-866 -892-0656 using a touch tone phone to make a payment.
Please follow these instructions:
- Have a bill available with Tax Year and Receipt Number.
- Have your valid credit card ready. (We accept Visa, Mastercard, American Express and Discover)
- You will be asked to enter the following information on your touch tone telephone:
- Tax Year and Receipt Number. You will then hear the terms and conditions for making a payment to Durham County.
- The amount due for the Receipt Number entered will be provided.
- You will be informed of the convenience fee charged for this payment amount.
- You will be instructed to press the appropriate number to accept the payment.
- Your credit card number.
- Your credit card's expiration date _ _/_ _
- Your ZIP code where your credit card bill is sent.
- Your telephone number. We may contact you if any clarification is needed.
- At the end of the call you will be given a confirmation number. Please write this number down and save it for your records.
When paying by telephone, your payment is credited to your account immediately. To obtain a receipt for your payment you can search for your tax bill
. The bill you paid should indicate a zero amount due.
If you experience any problems using this automated service, call the toll free customer service line, 1-866-892-0656, select customer service support.
Paying at a Tax Payment Kiosk
Payment can be made at one of our two tax payment kiosks. One is located at Northgate Mall next to the DMV, the other is in the Tax Office Lobby. The kiosk is a touch screen machine that will accept cash, and credit or debit cards. The kiosk does not accept checks or give change. Any change due over $1 will be mailed by check. Processing fees are added for debit and credit card transactions. Kiosk Information
Paying in Person
Visit us at 200 E Main Street, 1st Floor, Durham, NC 27701
Pay by Mail
Send payments to:
Durham County Tax Administration,
Kimberly H. Simpson, Tax Administrator
PO Box 3397,
Durham, NC 27702
Tax Administration Department
200 E. Main Street
1st Floor, Old Courthouse
Durham, NC 27701
(919) 560-0350 FAX