- The Director manages the 24 hour / 7 day a week Youth Home facility and staff.
- Approximately 21 - 26 Full-time and part-time certified Detention Counselors offer counseling, monitoring, discipline, and general custodial care of juveniles.
- One part-time Mental Health Professional performs drug assessments and treatment referrals for juveniles with alcohol and drug problems.
- One full-time Teacher and Teacher's Assistant implement the educational program that is designed to meet the specific needs of the residents in accordance with the Durham Public School system.
- One full-time and one part-time Cook plans, orders, and prepares all meals at the facility.
- An Administrative Assistant performs all clerical and office management duties.
- A Medical Doctor, Physician's Assistant, or Nurse Practitioner, and Nurse provide medical care and consultation to Youth Home residents under the direction of the Durham County Public Health Department.