Pay Your Taxes by E-check
Durham County Tax Administration has partnered with Voice Data Solutions and NexGen Digital Document Solutions to provide this service for the citizens of Durham County.
Please note that the payment transaction history displayed through this website shows the payments that have been made within the last 24 hours.
To pay by E-check online:
Locate your tax bill here
Or, If you have a copy of your bill and wish to pay please click below:
Follow the prompts to pay your bill. You will not be charged a convenience fee when making an e-check payment.
Credit Card Payment Options
Citizens can pay their property taxes with a credit or debit card via the Internet or by telephone. Credit card payments will require a payment in full; there are no partial payments accepted using the credit card method. You will be charged a convenience fee for this service. It is paid directly to Voice Data Solutions for use of their automated service. This fee is not part of your tax, and Durham County does not receive the convenience fee. The convenience fee will be displayed on your screen prior to submitting payment and if using the phone system this fee will be provided prior to submitting for payment.
The fee is currently a minimum of $2.00 or 2.65% of the amount paid, whichever is greater, on all credit and debit card transactions. For payments made using a Visa Consumer Debit Card, the convenience fee charged will be a flat fee of $3.95.
Pay Your Taxes via Internet with credit/debit card:
To pay your bill Online by credit card:
Pay Your Taxes by Telephone with credit/debit card:
Call toll-free 1-866 -892-0656 using a touch tone phone to make a payment.
Please follow these instructions:
- Have a bill available with Tax Year and Receipt Number.
- Have your valid credit card ready. (We accept Visa, Mastercard, American Express and Discover)
- You will be asked to enter the following information on your touch tone telephone:
- Tax Year and Receipt Number. You will then hear the terms and conditions for making a payment to Durham County.
- The amount due for the Receipt Number entered will be provided.
- You will be informed of the convenience fee charged for this payment amount.
- You will be instructed to press the appropriate number to accept the payment.
- Your credit card number.
- Your credit card's expiration date _ _/_ _
- Your ZIP code where your credit card bill is sent.
- Your telephone number. We may contact you if any clarification is needed.
- At the end of the call you will be given a confirmation number. Please write this number down and save it for your records.
If you experience any problems using this automated service, call the toll free customer service line, 1-866-892-0656, select customer service support.
Paying in Person:
Visit us at 200 E Main Street, 1st Floor, Durham, NC 27701
Pay by Mail:
Send payments to:
Durham County Tax Administration,
PO Box 3397,
Durham, NC 27702
Kimberly H. Simpson, Tax Administrator
Tax Administration Department
200 E. Main Street
1st Floor, Old Courthouse
Durham, NC 27701
(919) 560-0350 FAX