Medicaid provides medical coverage, based on income and assets, for families with children, Adults 65 and older or disabled (including Long Term Care). Health Choice is for children in families up to 200% of the Federal Poverty Level.
Applications Program Manager
Redeterminations Program Manager
Changes Program Manager
Visit the following link to obtain more information: NCDHHS Healthy Start Foundation
- Apply for Medicaid and Health Choice
- Applying for Medicaid Just Got EASIER
- Download a Medicaid application then complete it and mail it back to the agency.
- Pick up an application at any Durham DSS office or other public human services agency, then complete it and mail it back to the agency.
- Visit the DSS office at 414 E. Main St. between 7:30 am and 5:30 PM to meet with a Medicaid worker to help complete your application.
- North Carolina Division of Medical Assistance
- Senior PharmAssist
- Lincoln Community Health Center
- Durham County Health Department
- Medicaid Eligibility Desk Reference [PDF]
- North Carolina Institute of Medicine