EARLY VOTING & SAME DAY VOTER REGISTRATION
Early Voting provides an all-purpose solution for those seeking to:
- avoid potential delays on Election Day
- vote on convenient days and during non-working hours
- register to vote (proof of residency is required)
- avoid any registration conflict that could trigger the necessity of a provisional ballot on Election Day; or
- update their Durham County voter record if they have moved within the county since last voting.
Proof of residency is required when using Same Day Voter Registration during Early Voting. The acceptable documents that may be used to provide proof of residency include: a North Carolina driver license, a photo ID from a government agency, a copy of one of the following that shows the name and address of the voter: a current utility bill, bank statement, government check, paycheck or other government document.