Providing Positive Opportunities for Court-Involved Individuals
The Criminal Justice Resource Center provides three community based corrections programs for adult offenders, Recidivism Reduction Services (RRS), the Second Chance Program and the Reentry Program. Individuals must be at least 18 years old, Durham County residents and on supervised probation, post-release supervision or parole.
Recidivism Reduction Services (RRS) is intended to provide cognitive behavioral programming, substance use disorder services and linkages to community resources for the high risk adult offender population located in Durham County for the North Carolina Department of Public Safety (NCDPS). Through the use of these programs, it is the intent of NCDPS to reduce recidivism and the rate of probation and post release supervision revocations.
The Second Chance Program is a substance use treatment program designed for probationers or parolees. Individuals are referred through TASC (Treatment Accountability for Safer Communities) or directly through the Courts.
The Reentry Program is designed to facilitate the smooth return of offenders into the community after incarceration in the NC prison system. The program provides various support services through collaborative supervision without compromising public safety. This program works in partnership with the Durham Police Department, Community Corrections, the Parole Commission and the Religious Coalition for a Non-Violent Durham.
Services available for community based corrections participants include:
Substance Use Treatment:
- Drug Education
- Intensive Outpatient Treatment
- Relapse Prevention
- Second Chance House - Halfway House for men
- Provided onsite by Durham Technical Community College
- Employment Seeking and Retention Skills
- Job Club
- Job Skills Training
- Career Development Workshop
- Referrals to outside agencies for eligible clients, e.g. NC Vocational Rehabilitation Services, DTCC
- “Thinking for a Change” curriculum developed by the National Institute of Corrections
- Referrals for supportive services, ie. Housing, Social Security
- Responsible for follow-up of clients’ participation
To refer an individual for services, complete this form.
For additional information on Community Based Corrections for Adult Offenders, please contact:
Roshanna Parker, Assistant Director
Phone (919) 560-0500
Fax (919) 560-0504
326 E. Main St, Durham, NC 27701