- Am I Registered? Check the status of your voter registration on-line.
- How do I register to vote?: Link to voter registration form.
- Voter Registration Drive Information: Information and guidelines for conducting a Voter Registration Drive.
- Voter Registration Statistics: Current voter registration in Durham County.
HOW TO SUBMIT YOUR VOTER REGISTRATION FORM
If you are registering for the first time in Durham County, or if you are changing your party affiliation, Durham County Board of Elections must receive your application with an original signature. Your full name, address, where you live, date of birth, and original signature are mandatory fields and must be filled in. All fields on the form are extremely important and we request you fill them in. You may mail your completed voter registration form to Durham County Board of Elections, P.O. Box 868, Durham, NC 27702. You may also hand deliver the form to the Durham County Board of Elections at 201 N. Roxboro Street, Durham, NC 27701. Electronic signatures received via email or fax DO NOT satisfy the requirement of an original signature for first time registrations or changes to party affiliation.
If you are currently registered to vote in Durham County and you are using the application to update your name, address, or other information, you may also fax or email a scanned image of your signed application. Your full name, address, where you live, date of birth, and original signature are mandatory fields and must be filled in. All fields on the form are extremely important and we request you fill them in. You may email your completed voter registration form to Durham County Board of Elections at Elections@dconc.gov. You may also fax your completed voter registration form to Durham County Board of Elections at 919-560-0688.
VOTER REGISTRATION DEADLINES FOR ELECTIONS
The deadline to register to vote is 25 days before the day of the election. Voter registration forms that are received at the Durham County Board of Elections office or postmarked by the deadline are accepted as valid applications for the upcoming election.
EARLY VOTING & SAME DAY VOTER REGISTRATION
Early Voting provides an all-purpose solution for those seeking to:
- avoid potential delays on Election Day
- vote on convenient days and during non-working hours
- register to vote (proof of residency is required)
- avoid any registration conflict that could trigger the necessity of a provisional ballot on Election Day; or
- update their Durham County voter record if they have moved within the county since last voting.
Proof of residency is required when using Same Day Voter Registration during Early Voting. The acceptable documents that may be used to provide proof of residency include: a North Carolina driver license, a photo ID from a government agency, a copy of one of the following that shows the name and address of the voter: a current utility bill, bank statement, government check, paycheck or other government document.