Please make your selection from the menu on the left.
● The State of Durham County’s Young Children Report is now available online. The full report as well as an executive summary are available; to access them, click here.
● Congratulations to the County for receiving the Golden Leaf Award for Sustainability for the Human Services Building. Thank you to all of those who were involved in the efforts of that project.
● Cooperative Extension will offer a new Cook Smart, Eat Smart Cooking School to teach participants how to prepare simple, healthy and delicious foods in just four weeks. Sessions will be offered from 5:30-8:30 pm on Thursday evenings from April 27-May 18, 2017. The registration fee is $40 which includes the ingredients for the dishes planned.
To register, contact Pam Jordan-Carrington at 919- 560-0536 or firstname.lastname@example.org
● The Durham City/County Planning Department and Preservation Durham are collaborating update Durham’s Architectural and Historic Inventory. A series of community meetings are planned where residents can learn how to input information into the Open Durham website to assist in collecting robust data for the inventory and sharing their stories about Durham. The drop-in style workshops will take place from 6:00-8:00PM as follows:
*April 27: Durham County Library North Regional Branch, 221 Milton Road
*June 15: Durham County Library Southwest Branch, 3605 Shannon Road
*September 21: Durham County Library South Branch, 4505 S Alston Road
*November 2: Durham County Library East Branch, 211 Lick Creek Lane
For more information, contact Lisa Miller at 919-560-4137, ext 28270.
● We invite you to tune in to Cable TV Channel 8 and AT&T U-verse channel 99 to see rebroadcasts of Durham County Commissioner meetings as well as other Durham County programming that may be of interest to you. Please contact the Public Information Office at 919-560-0008 or visit our webpage by clicking here
● Durham County needs you! If you have a few hours to commit, Durham County has a number of boards and commissions that can benefit from your participation. We invite you to make a difference in our community. Contact the Clerk’s Office at 919-560-0025, visit the County's Boards and Commissions page by clicking here, or email email@example.com for more information. Please note that all City and County taxes must be current at the time of application.